Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Swaps & the Soup



Mmmmm the only time of year I love to cook is when the weather starts to get cool. Here is a photo of some things I cooked-up this past Sunday. One is apple pie...this time of year screams *apple-pie* loud and clear!!! The Other is just some fishy thing I threw together and it came out quite good! I have been vegetarian for the last ten years and while I have never really been very good at thinking up vegetable recipes I have become ingenious with ways to use fish. This just started with vegetables, tomatoes and fish stock ( natural fish stock as I cannot handle preservatives ) then I added 2 large pieces of Cod cubed, a pound of fresh clams, and a pound od baby scallops topped it off with some freshly grated Locatelli.....yummmmm.

AS you can see from my side bar I have joined some Secret Pal Swaps. I have just posted today my package to Stephanie of the Mason-Dixon Swapcloth. I am sure she will laugh when she see my Linen Towel, as you could tell from my previous posts the Linen & I did not get along , hence no photo of that baby ( it was fun nontheless )!!!

The Knitters Tea Swap I had a good time with also. That one is all packed up and ready to go to Sarah H. in NC tomorrow, hope she likes it. I still do not know who *my pal* is but from her e-mails she seems quite nice--*waves* to you :)
I am putting all my attention now on the International Scarf Exchange III gift. I am using a color I usually do not knit with and that keeps it interesting, maybe I will have time to finish 2 scarves, there are 2 other patterns I have been dying to try. Please check out the ISE 3 blog, some of the scarves are magnificent!!! Drool...
When that is done I will get me some RED and work on the Red Scarf Project...be sure to check that one out on my side bar!!
Later All!!

1 comment:

babette said...

Back at ya S.P.
You are sneaky...I tried your profile to see if I could tell who you are, but you're toooo good :)))