Saturday, September 30, 2006

Knitting!!




Okay, so I spent the entire (well, almost) summer knitting dishcloths/facecloths. The good thing is that I have gotten some homemade soaps and I am good to go for Christmas gifts/stocking-stuffers!! But now, boy do I feel the urge to finish up some of my *real* projects. First we have Ali's Afghan from Beaverslide done in double strands on size 13's in " Cottontail". Wow, is that yarn to die for, very soft with a gorgeous halo. Next up is the solid and reversible college afghan that I am making for my daughter, again, double stranded on size 15 needles. This is being done in acrylic as she has been known to throw things in the machine and (gasp) shrink!! Thirdly, I am thinking of making the DewDrop scarf...I have been considering some 100purewool I had gotten from ebay last year. I have pulled it out and put it on the top of my television to stare at for a while...I don't know why but I always have to think about a yarn and the pattern together for some time. So, as I am knitting on one project I will be thinking of another while staring at the yarn to be sure of my choice.Hmmm, I suppose there is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness (grin)!

2 comments:

babette said...

Sorry everyone, I do not know why my links are not working in this post.

babette said...

Fixed it! :)