Tuesday, October 24, 2006

NYS Sheep & Wool Festival!!!










Man, we had a great time . Cannot wait till next year. It was very different than I expected, but I mean that in a good way. DH & I set off on the road Sunday a.m. and arrived around 9:30 . To my pleasure it was not crowded at all and it gave us time to meander around without being pushed thru the booths by the masses. The highlight of my time was the Llamas....we have been discussing getting one llama and a few sheep when we retire to *the Farm* in the next year or so...after meeting the llamas and getting into in-depth conversations with breeders, I think it is a *done-deal*. We picked up loads of good info.
I put new batteries into my camera before we left home and the camera funked out on me half way thru the day ( must have been old batteries :( ) But I did manage to get a few animal photos.
I was very good about holding back on the yarn buying...I did get 3 skeins of handspun Llama from Saratoga Llamas, some to die for soft baby alpaca by Alpaca With a Twist, and 4 skeins of Bluefaced Leicester from Smith Family Farm. It was a great time, I am glad I went and look forward to next year-maybe meeting up with some bloggers there also!
Enjoy the photos!

1 comment:

babette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.