Saturday, October 21, 2006

Scarves, Saturday Sky, AND Shingles








What a week, I finished a red scarf for the Red Scarf Project, I finished one scarf for the ISE 3 and the second one will be done tonight, ends woven in tomorrow and blocked Monday. The red scarf I did in some (gasp) Red Heart that I had, I went up two needle sizes to soften it up ( it worked )


The Irish Hiking Scarf I have almost finished for my ISE 3 pal is done in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino-VERY SOFT. I was wondering why the h*ll this was taking me so long to knit up, I have made two others and it usually knits up fairly quickly....DUHhhh, last night I realized I was using a 6 instead of an 8....hmmmm, will have to block it well it open it up. The other scarf I made for my ISE 3 pal is some unknown wool blend I had, I used large needles & it knit up quickly, I figured this would make a nice everyday scarf that you don't have to worry about getting a pull or stain on.


My Saturday sky is not very impressive this week the leaves have finished their peak colors and it is very overcast today. But it was still a beautiful fall day.
DH has been complaining all week of nerve pain around his chest, to the point of his shirts or sheets bothering it. I made him get to his Dr. this past week ( you must understand that he is very TYPE A personality and would rather die than leave his job under someone else's control for a day ) Well off he went and she could find nothing and sent him home with some meds for nerve pain and told him to see a nuerologist. Thursday evening he gets home and asks me to check the area as he thinks he has some bumps and the pain was worse....well
bumps
he has and ugly are they! Please, DH, call the doctor and tell her you have BUMPS now. To make a long story short he calls, she sees him and tells him, Yeah ya got Shingles...YUk, poor guy!!!

1 comment:

Alyson said...

You HAVE been busy!!

Poor hubby! My dad got shingles when I was very young, and I can still remember how absolutely miserable he was - so I feel for him!