Friday, September 01, 2006

The most wonderful time of the year

I just love the fall. I seem to come alive, maybe it's because I'm a fall baby. Who knows, but I adore the cooler temps and it just makes me feel very *nesty*. It is the only time of year I love to cook & bake, clean and knit and read!
I am looking forward to a few days R&R next week at the lake. I'll bring along my knitting and a few books that I had to put on hold for the summer.
I am in the middle of two books right now...the first is Sword and Blossom by Peter Pagnamenta & Momoko Williams, I started reading this in the spring but it was put on hold & I am looking forward to rejoining myself with it. The other my daughter gave to me yesterday and I began it last night...to my surprise I am enjoying it, which is truly a surprise as my daughter & myself are on opposite ends of the spectrum. It is Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner. I am also looking forward to reading The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.. that will be the next on my list. Give them a try!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hi Babette! Thank you for stopping by my blog and helping me with my quandry. I really do like those scarf boxes, the first is better than the second. I love the scarfs that showcase cool stitches and textures. I don't know what your pal likes but The Diamond Leaf Ascot (longer) and the Double Eyelet Rib are both really nice patterns, too. Just more lacy than I want to knit right now.

Thanks again! I can't wait to see your ISE progress!