Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Christmas conversation with my 4 yr. old grandson


" So, Owen, did Mommy take your picture with Santa this year?"
" No, Oma, because he was wearing his costume...you know I don't like costumes. I don't like Chucky Cheese or Clowns either. If he wasn't wearing his costume I would have."
" Have you been good this year so Santa will come to your house?"
" I think I've been very good & I think Santa will think I was too."
" I know you have been good, so I think you've got nothing to worry about."
" Oma, I don't think reindeer can fly"
" If they can't fly how do you think they get to all those houses around the world in one night??"
" Sorry, but I think they can't fly"
" Hmmm..."
Long pause....
" I think they run ,Oma"
" Hmmm, I don't know how they can make all those stops from the ground, Owen!"
Another long pause...
" Well. I still think they can't fly and they run..... ( pause ) but I think they run at warp speed . "
" aye.aye Captain Kirk!!!! Love you Owen !!"
Under his breath as he walks away from me... " I sure hope he doesn't wear his costume to my house..."

1 comment:

Life's a Stitch said...

What a sweetie, I love conversations like that. I was the same way about clowns and Santa.
Li