Monday, July 24, 2006

what I did on my summer vacation




Phil and I took 4 days and made a visit to my father. We did get some time to relax and enjoy the lake but it was mostly a work time. While Phil managed to put new seamless gutters on the house and replace the brown soffits with the new white, my father and I tackled his breezeway porch which has been collecting *garbage* for the last few years rendering it not very usable. We carted off to the dump old magazines, newspapers and many old televisions that he has not been able to get out due to his age....although at 85 he really is quite spry and doesn't look a day over 70.
We have been having trouble keeping him off of the roof, every time we go up he has a ladder up on the front of the house. The house has a new roof and Phil was just up there about 4 weeks ago to clean the gutters ....now he has new seamless gutters on and I'll bet he will have that ladder up there again within a week trying to clean out the gutters!!! Maybe he is a little OCD, ya think.....
Also while there I surprised him with an early Christmas gift. I had a dish installed-photo above- so he doesn't have to suffer with one t.v. station anymore!!!

I managed to get in some knitting time. I began a new Irish Hiking scarf with Schaeffer yarns Marjaana which is silk/merino mix that is like butter to work with.


I also brought along some dishcloth patterns and completed two. One pattern was the dolphin from the Monthly Dishcloth KAL that was from early July.
The second cloth is a feather and fan pattern, it was so easy as I have done 2 or 3 F&F blankets and I think I can do them in my sleep at this point.

No comments: