Wednesday, June 07, 2006

9/11, the peeper frog and the confused turkey

Having lost a close family friend to 9/11 and combining that with the fact that DH and I are entering the down-side of our 50's made me come to the realisation that I ain't gonna be here tooo much longer...we are only here for a short visit and will be gone for a LONG time. Due to that I have the last few years taken the time to smell the roses and savor the little things in life, like taking a sip of fine wine & enjoying every minute.
What does all this have to do with the title of this post you ask??? Give me a moment I'm getting there.
Last night after an exhausting day of work husband & I collapsed on the couch and flipped on the tv. I went into the kitchen to brew us our nightly cup of tea when I heard peeper frog had returned to the little pond we have in the garden. Boy was he calling loudly! Then to my surprise I heard a confused turkey answering his calls! This turkey had to be right in the front yard. Taking the tea into the living room husband & I turned off the light AND the tv and just sat there in the dark, sipping tea and listening. It was a beautiful 30 minutes or so. Goofy story you say? Well to me now, at this point in my life, it is these small simple things that make to world go 'round.

No comments: