Monday, June 04, 2007

It's been so long...

I have really been neglecting my blog lately. But there are good reasons. First is Daughter #2 is getting married this August, and don't ya know that takes alot of time & money ( more money than time ,I regret to say).

Husband & I have been traveling to Vermont and looking at houses , desperately trying to find exactly what we want. Why, you ask??? Well Finally he is RETIRING as of August 1st!!! Can't wait! Oh man, to live the quiet life and get AWAY from this rat-race of a county we live in...all I want is a peaceful life. He has 7 weeks vacation time then when he pulls his pension he cannot work for 6 months. After that he may want to work *part-time* for his company doing consulting. But, when he is off 6 months he is going to build a home on our Hebron property as we cannot find exactly what we are looking for. The only minor downside is that being I own a business on the property we live on now, my business & our home will have to go on the market..which is fine but I am guesstimating it will take 2 to 3 years to sell.......:(((
But, all in all I am so happy, for him, me ,and the new adventure. I cannot wait to make jams, jellies, work in my flower gardens, knit more, listen to the birds sing in the morning, and tend to the farm animals!!!! It can't come soon enough for me!

2 comments:

Erin D. said...

Hi Babette!
Congrats on your daughter getting married, that is wonderful! I am happy for her!

And I am happy for you and getting a new house, oh how nice to settle in the country and relax, making jams and jellies, sounds so peaceful! I hope you and hubby have a wonderful time, and I hope it's not too difficult to sell your house and business, and all that kinda stuff. :O)

http://thehappyhousewifedecoratingadventures.blogspot.com/

Erin D. said...

Hi again Babette!

You have been TAGGED! :O)

Please visit my blog for the rules and what to do.

:O)

http://thehappyhousewifedecoratingadventures.blogspot.com/